In light of the current health situation, I’ve put together a schedule of 7 days of prayers and readings from Jane Austen’s prayers that are comforting during distressing times. If you own a copy of Praying with Jane: 31 Days Through the Prayers of Jane Austen, you can also follow along in your book to read more about each line of prayer.
Jane’s beautiful prayers are filled with tender intercession. They can provide much comfort and peace and give voice to our deepest needs. If you don’t know what to pray, start by reciting her prayers. Then, add your own specific needs.
The following is a 7-day prayer guide. You can click on each day to go to each prayer reflection:
7 Days of Prayer with Jane Austen:
- Read Day #1 Here: “Thou [Almighty Father] art every where present.”
- Read Day #2 Here: “May the sick and afflicted, be now, & ever thy care…”
- Read Day #3 Here: “Almighty God! Look down with Mercy…”
- Read Day #4 Here: “Have Mercy Oh Gracious Father! upon all that are now suffering…”
- Read Day #5 Here: “To Thy Goodness we commend ourselves…”
- Read Day #6 Here: “For all whom we love & value…we equally pray…”
- Read Day #7 Here: “Look with compassion upon the afflicted…”
It’s important to care for our minds, our bodies, and our souls when we’re experiencing turmoil. If it feels as though the ground is rocking under your feet, if your circumstances are very difficult, if you’re struggling with loneliness, worry, or financial strain, you’re not alone.
May these lines of prayer bring you comfort in this difficult time!
Verse for Today
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you.Isaiah 54:10 (NIV)
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me in the comments or via email! I would love to chat!
Grace and peace,
Subscribe to follow along!
- Click here to subscribe to my blog. You’ll receive a FREE set of Jane Austen prayers cards as a welcome gift!
- Books & Gifts: When you purchase a Praying with Jane book, you’ll get a FREE prayer journal to go with it. (Free Shipping on all orders.)