Hello, fellow Kindred Spirit book lovers! I’m launching a summer book club and blog series starting June 4th, and I want you to be part of it! If you love reading, wish you read more, or want to be inspired to read great books this summer, then this series is for you.
This summer book series is designed to help you select good books that you either already have (perhaps stacked up next to your bed!) or that are on your wish list . . . and inspire you to actually read some of them. I’ll post book recommendations (and ask you to share yours), offer giveaways as an incentive to help you stick to your reading goals, and host monthly book discussions.
Your Book List: Start dreaming now about what you want to read this summer. To inspire you, I’m going to blog for 12 weeks about my favorite books/genres, what good books teach us, and how reading can refresh our minds, bodies, and spirits. You can read your own books, read my book recommendations, or mix it up with a little of both. (More next week about curating a book list that fits your personality and tips on what to read/what not to read.)
You Set the Pace: This is all about you and your journey with reading, so don’t overdo it. Choose as many or as few books as you like. If I can inspire you to read even one great book this summer, I’ll be as happy as a clam!
Weekly Inspiration: Each week, I’m going to blog about a featured book, a theme for the week, and an inspiration to read good books. I’ll also give you a fun activity or thought exercise to go along with the theme for the week.
Monthly Read-Along Books:
These are the books we’ll read together each month (totally optional). We’ll chat online at the end of each month about these beautiful books.
June: The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
July: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (stay tuned for movie party in August!)
August: Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton-Porter
Online Book Club on Facebook: What’s almost as good as reading? Talking about books with other kindred spirit readers! We’ll have online book chats and parties on our Kindred Spirit Book Club Facebook Group throughout the summer. There, we’ll drink tea, share what we’ve been reading, and gush about all our favorite books. (If you’re not the type to hang out on Facebook, consider inviting a few friends over for a book exchange or tea party of your own this summer!)
Let’s Read Good Books
Each week, I’ll send you book ideas, reading inspiration, and fun incentives to keep you reading all summer long. Here’s how you can join in the fun:
- Sign Up: The starting point for this series is my weekly blog. It’s easy to miss each other on social media these days, so click here to subscribe!
- Bonus: If you subscribe to my mailing list by June 15th, 2018, you’ll have the chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card toward one of the books on your wish list!
- Leave Comments: Please leave comments on my blog and share your favorite books titles. We want to hear from you!
- Social Media: You can also follow me on Instagram @kindredspiritbooks and on Facebook.com/groups/kindredspiritbookclub. Share your bookish photos all summer long. Tag them #kindredspiritbookclub, so we can find each other.
- Tell a Friend: Please help me spread the word by sharing this with your friends, colleagues, and family members. The more, the merrier. Thank you!
My Question to You: What makes it hard for you to find the time to read? Comment below with your thoughts, so I know what to focus on in the coming months. I’d love to hear from you!
Come read with me, explore great books & be inspired this summer!