Rachel speaks at churches, Bible studies, women’s groups, libraries, book clubs, and Jane Austen groups. She teaches college English and Jane Austen classes and writes for the popular Jane Austen’s World blog. She was the keynote speaker at the Sacramento Public Library’s “Notable Books” series, “How Austentatious!” series, and 2014 Annual Jane Austen Birthday Tea.
Speaking Topics: Rachel enjoys speaking about a variety of topics, including Jane Austen, classic literature, writing, and what great books teach us, as well as faith topics including prayer, prayer journaling, finding God’s purpose in your life, using your gifts to serve Jesus, and developing your personal devotional life. She also loves to create special events and brainstorm unique topics to fit every group’s needs.
Rachel’s Availability: If you would like to book Rachel to speak at your next event, please send an email to email@example.com.
Upcoming Events: Rachel will be speaking at the following venues in the coming months. If you don’t see something in your area, please consider inviting her to come speak to your group!
- “Jane Austen’s Prayers: Exploring Themes of Faith, Family, Fiction”
- Talk and Book Signing
- Where: Sacramento Public Library (Central Branch)
- When: Sunday, November 4
Past Events: If you’re curious about Rachel’s speaking style, particularly for literary groups and events, you can explore the following links:
- Sacramento Public Library’s “How Austentatious!” Series:
- Sense and Sensibility – Introduction & Etiquette Presentation: Dr. David Bell, introduced the book. Then, Rachel Dodge presented an interesting talk on Regency-era etiquette that familiarized audience members with the customs central to all of Jane Austen’s novels. Listen to Rachel’s talk here:
- Pride and Prejudice – Introduction & Tour of Austen’s England: In 2013 “Dr. David Bell introduced the book. Then, Rachel Dodge returned to be our guide to take us a virtual tour of the locales and architecture found in Austen’s books.” Listen to Rachel’s talk here:
- JASNA Greater Sacramento:
- Why Mansfield Park is better than Pride and Prejudice: David Bell and Rachel Dodge made a compelling case on this controversial topic, followed by a (friendly) heated debate.
- What makes Jane Austen great?: Dr. David Bell, retired CSUS English professor and Rachel Dodge, Sierra College English professor, discussed this provocative question. Those in attendance interacted with the speakers enthusiastically.