I’ve been nominated by Jarm Del Boccio from A Writerly Blog for the Liebster Award. It’s a really fun way to help readers discover new blogs. Thank you, Jarm, for sharing my blog with your readers!
Here are the questions I was asked:
1. Give us a link to your favorite post of all time (on your blog, of course). I chose an article I wrote called My love for Jane Austen. It’s basically a funny checklist to help you know if you’re a true Jane Austen fan or not. It’s one of my most popular posts.
2. Which book do YOU wish you had written? Pride and Prejudice or Anne of Green Gables. When I read books like those, I kind of want to cry and stop trying to write altogether.
3. If you could jump into any novel, and become a character, which one would it be? I think I’d choose to be Mary Lennox from The Secret Garden. I would LOVE to find a secret garden and bring it back to life!
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why? Right where I live now, mainly because I love my community, church, and friends. I’ve also dreamed of living in the Midtown area of Sacramento, in a really cute older home. I love visiting Maui, England, North and South Carolina, and the Southern California coast, but I like living in Northern California. I enjoy frost and rain in winter, and sun and heat in summer, with spring and fall in between.
5. If you were on a stranded island, which food could you not live without? It’s a tie between milk and peanut butter!
6. If you were driven from your home, and had five minutes to pack, what would you take? I’d grab my family (including my dog), my purse, some blankets, my Kindle, and as many clothes as possible. My phone is usually in my purse, but I’d need to grab the charger next to it. (Does that make six?)
This is the part where I nominate or share my favorite blogs, but I’d also REALLY like to hear which blogs YOU like to read. Please share some of your favorite blogs (and links to them) in the comments.
Here’s a spattering of the blogs I follow:
- Michelle Ule (Writing/Research): History, Real Life and Faith
- Vic Sanborn (Jane Austen): Jane Austen’s World
- Anne Bogel (Book Lists): Modern Mrs. Darcy
- Danielle Walker (Recipes): Against All Grain (I’m not against grains, but one of my family members avoids them)
- Books & Such Literary Agency (Publishing): Between the Lines
- Marcus dePaula and Jenn Hanson-dePaula (Marketing): Mixtus Media
- Collaborative (Faith/Inspiration): (in)courage
- Hilary Rushford (Style/Social Media): Dean Street Society
Looking at the list of blogs I frequent most often, you can probably tell that I’m pretty practical. I read books for inspiration and deeper learning, but I read blogs for quick information and how-to help.
Here are my questions for other bloggers:
- Why did you start your blog? What was your vision for it?
- If you could choose a dream vacation, what would it be?
- What’s the best book you’ve read this year?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on a Friday night?
- If you could have any job, what would it be? Why?
- What fictional character do you relate to most?
If you’re a blogger, please consider yourself nominated! You can take these questions and answer them on your blog and help your readers discover a few of your own favorite blogs.
The Rules for participating bloggers:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Display the award.
- Answer the questions you were asked.
- Nominate at least 5 other bloggers.
- Ask 6 new questions.
- Let nominees know they were nominated and share your post.
For more like this:
- I’d love to stay in touch! Click here to subscribe to my blog. You’ll receive a FREE set of Jane Austen prayers cards as a welcome gift!
- Books & Gifts: To order a signed copy of my book, Praying with Jane: 31 Days Through the Prayers of Jane Austen, click here.
- Jane Austen’s World: For my feature articles on Jane Austen’s World, click here.
Okay, readers, this is your chance to share: What’s your favorite blog to follow?
Jarm Del BoccioJuly 9, 2019 at 6:26 pm
I enjoyed your answers, Rachel. And now I have new blogs to follow! Thanks for participating and enjoy the remainder of your summer. Glad you are content to live at home.☺️
Rachel DodgeJuly 9, 2019 at 9:16 pm
This was so fun! Thank you for including me!
Michelle UleJuly 10, 2019 at 7:15 am
Why, thank you, Rachel!